Jazz Guitar Studies
WHAT MAKES IT JAZZ!
Larry Newcomb, Guitar and Presentation
Joe Vincent Tranchina, Piano and Presentation
Specifically Designed for Each Venue
A Typical Program:
1. HOW HIGH THE MOON demonstrates Charlie Parker’s creation of a bebop Head founded upon the harmonic structure of a popular song (H H T Moon).
2. SUMMERTIME demonstrates the difference between Joe’s jazz arrangement and the popular rendition of Summertime from PORGY & BESS.
3. THE SUMMER KNOWS demonstrates the difference between the song as heard in the film “The Summer of ‘42” and an arrangement in Latin rhythm.
4. INSTANT WATER demonstrates a new composition based on an existing the jazz
5. IPANEMA is Joe’s re-harmonization of this very popular Bossa Nova.
6. GOLD TOP demonstrates a BLUES riff influenced by the great funk bands.
7. ALL OF ME in C minor demonstrates Joe’s re-casting in a minor key of a popular song usually performed in a major key.
8. BOOGIE WALTZETTE demonstrate Joe’s composition based on Rhythmic Displacement.
9. TAKE FIVE demonstrates jazz usage of odd time signatures in this case “5/4”
10. ROUTE 66 is a BLUES “travelogue.”
Copyright 2017 Larry Newcomb, Ph.D.. All rights reserved.
web by Loop Seven